What is the antonym of “indefiniteness”?
The antonyms of indefiniteness are definiteness and clarity. The antonyms definiteness and clarity convey a clear and specific meaning, unlike indefiniteness, which is vague and lacks clarity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being clear, specific, and unambiguous.
The contract lacked definiteness in terms of payment and duration.
The quality of being clear, easy to understand, and free from ambiguity.
The professor's explanation provided clarity on the complex topic.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Definiteness refers to something that is clear, specific, and unambiguous.
- 2Clarity refers to something that is easy to understand and free from ambiguity.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use definiteness and clarity to express ideas clearly and precisely in academic writing.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in business communication to avoid misunderstandings and ensure clarity.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use these antonyms in everyday conversations to express yourself more clearly and avoid confusion.
The antonyms definiteness and clarity convey a clear and specific meaning, unlike indefiniteness, which is vague and lacks clarity. Use these words in academic writing, business communication, and everyday conversations to express yourself more clearly and avoid misunderstandings.