What is the antonym of “independable”?
The antonyms of independable are reliable, dependable, and trustworthy. These words describe someone or something that can be counted on to perform a task or fulfill a responsibility.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.
The new employee proved to be reliable by always completing his tasks on time.
Capable of being relied on; trustworthy.
The old car may not look like much, but it's dependable and has never broken down.
Deserving of trust or confidence; reliable.
She's always been trustworthy and has never broken a promise.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Reliable emphasizes consistency and quality of performance.
- 2Dependable emphasizes the ability to be relied on or trusted.
- 3Trustworthy emphasizes the deservingness of trust or confidence.
Good things to know
- 1Job Interviews: Use these antonyms to describe your work ethic and character traits.
- 2Product Reviews: Incorporate these antonyms to evaluate the quality and performance of products.
- 3Everyday Conversations: Utilize these antonyms to describe people, things, and situations that you can or cannot rely on.
The antonyms of independable are reliable, dependable, and trustworthy. These words describe someone or something that can be counted on to perform a task or fulfill a responsibility. Use these antonyms to describe work ethic and character traits in job interviews, evaluate the quality and performance of products in product reviews, and describe people, things, and situations in everyday conversations.