What is the antonym of “indevote”?
The antonyms of indevote are devoted, loyal, and faithful. These words describe a person's level of commitment, dedication, and loyalty to a cause, person, or belief.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Loyal, loving, and committed to a person, cause, or belief.
She was a devoted wife who always put her husband's needs before her own.
Showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person, group, or idea.
He remained loyal to his team even when they were losing.
Steadfast in affection or allegiance; loyal and true.
The dog was faithful to its owner and never left his side.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Devoted implies a strong emotional attachment and willingness to sacrifice for someone or something.
- 2Loyal suggests a sense of duty and obligation to remain steadfast in support of a person, group, or idea.
- 3Faithful connotes a sense of trustworthiness and reliability in maintaining a relationship or commitment.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use devoted to describe a deep emotional connection between two people. Use loyal and faithful to describe trust and reliability in relationships.
- 2Workplace: Use loyal to describe an employee's commitment to their company. Use devoted to describe an employee's passion for their work.
- 3Religion: Use faithful to describe a person's commitment to their religious beliefs.
The antonyms of indevote have distinct nuances: Devoted implies a strong emotional attachment, loyal suggests a sense of duty and obligation, and faithful connotes trustworthiness and reliability. Use these words to describe relationships, workplace commitments, and religious beliefs.