What is the antonym of “inexactitude”?
The antonyms of inexactitude are exactitude, precision, and accuracy. These words convey the idea of being precise, accurate, and correct.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being precise, accurate, and correct.
The architect's exactitude in measuring the dimensions of the building ensured that it was constructed perfectly.
The quality of being exact, accurate, and careful in details.
The surgeon's precision in performing the operation saved the patient's life.
The quality of being correct, exact, and free from error.
The accountant's accuracy in calculating the company's finances ensured that there were no discrepancies.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Exactitude emphasizes the idea of being precise and correct.
- 2Precision emphasizes the idea of being exact and careful in details.
- 3Accuracy emphasizes the idea of being correct and free from error.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe research methods, data analysis, and findings.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in emails, reports, and presentations to convey professionalism and attention to detail.
- 3Daily Conversation: Utilize these antonyms to describe personal experiences, opinions, and observations.
The antonyms exactitude, precision, and accuracy convey the idea of being precise, accurate, and correct. Use these words in academic writing, professional communication, and daily conversation to describe research methods, data analysis, personal experiences, and observations.