What is the antonym of “inexterminable”?
The antonym of inexterminable are mortal, temporary, and ephemeral. The antonyms convey a sense of impermanence, transience, or mortality.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Subject to death; having a limited lifespan.
All living beings, including humans, are mortal and will eventually die.
Lasting for a limited time; not permanent.
The company hired a temporary worker to fill in for the regular employee who was on leave.
Lasting for a very short time; fleeting; transitory.
The beauty of cherry blossoms is ephemeral, as they bloom for only a few weeks each year.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mortal refers to the fact that all living beings have a limited lifespan and will eventually die.
- 2Temporary describes something that is not permanent and lasts for a limited time.
- 3Ephemeral conveys a sense of fleetingness and transience, often used to describe things that are beautiful but short-lived.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Learn and use these antonyms to enrich your vocabulary.
- 2Writing: Use these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your language.
- 3Philosophy: Explore the concepts of impermanence and mortality using these antonyms.