The Opposite(Antonym) of “inextinguished”
The antonym of inextinguished is extinguishable, stoppable, and temporary. The antonyms extinguishable, stoppable, and temporary convey the opposite meaning of inextinguished, which means something that cannot be put out or extinguished.
Definitions and Examples of extinguishable, stoppable, temporary
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being put out or extinguished.
The fire was small and extinguishable with a fire extinguisher.
Able to be stopped or prevented from continuing.
The spread of the virus is stoppable if everyone follows the safety guidelines.
Lasting for only a limited time; not permanent.
The power outage was temporary and lasted only a few hours.
Key Differences: extinguishable vs stoppable vs temporary
- 1Extinguishable refers to something that can be put out or extinguished, such as a fire.
- 2Stoppable refers to something that can be stopped or prevented from continuing, such as the spread of a virus.
- 3Temporary refers to something that is not permanent and lasts for only a limited time.
Effective Usage of extinguishable, stoppable, temporary
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add depth and variety to your language.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in your reading materials to improve your comprehension and understanding of the text.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Extinguishable refers to something that can be put out or extinguished, stoppable refers to something that can be stopped or prevented from continuing, and temporary refers to something that is not permanent. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading experience.