What is the antonym of “infashionable”?
The antonyms of infashionable are fashionable, trendy, and stylish. These words describe something that is currently popular or in vogue.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Conforming to current fashion trends; stylish and up-to-date.
She always wears the latest designer clothes and accessories, so she's very fashionable.
Following the latest fashion trends; fashionable or popular at the moment.
Many young people like to wear ripped jeans and oversized t-shirts because it's trendy.
Having a fashionable or elegant appearance; characterized by good taste and refinement.
She has a great sense of style and always looks stylish no matter what she wears.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fashionable and trendy both describe something that is currently popular or in vogue, but fashionable implies a more classic or timeless style, while trendy suggests a more fleeting trend.
- 2Stylish emphasizes good taste and refinement, and can be used to describe something that is not necessarily trendy or fashionable, but still looks good.
Good things to know
- 1Fashion and Style: Use these antonyms to describe clothing, accessories, and other fashion-related items.
- 2Marketing and Advertising: Incorporate these words in marketing campaigns to appeal to consumers who value fashion and style.
- 3Socializing: Use these words to compliment someone's outfit or to start a conversation about fashion and style.
The antonyms of infashionable are fashionable, trendy, and stylish. Use fashionable to describe something classic or timeless, trendy for something currently popular, and stylish for something with good taste and refinement. These words can be used in fashion and style contexts, marketing and advertising, and socializing.