What is the antonym of “infelicitously”?
The antonyms of infelicitously are appropriately, suitably, and felicitously. These words convey the opposite meaning of infelicitously, which means in an inappropriate or unfortunate manner.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a suitable or fitting manner; conforming to the requirements or expectations.
She dressed appropriately for the job interview, wearing a formal suit and tie.
In a manner that is appropriate or fitting for a particular purpose or situation.
The restaurant was suitably decorated for the Valentine's Day dinner, with red roses and candles on every table.
In a way that is well-suited or apt; expressing happiness or joy.
The speaker ended his speech felicitously by thanking the audience and wishing them a good day.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Appropriately and suitably are complementary antonyms that describe something done in a fitting or suitable manner.
- 2Felicitously is a gradable antonym that describes something done in a well-suited or apt manner, often with an expression of happiness or joy.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express the opposite meaning of infelicitously in a clear and precise manner.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your vocabulary.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your English vocabulary.