What is the antonym of “infrequence”?
The antonyms of infrequence are frequency, commonness, and regularity. These words describe how often something happens or occurs.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The rate at which something occurs or is repeated over a particular period of time.
The frequency of earthquakes in that region is quite high.
The state of being frequent or prevalent; the quality of being ordinary or familiar.
The commonness of this type of bird makes it easy to spot in the park.
The quality or state of being regular, orderly, or predictable.
The regularity of his exercise routine helped him maintain good health.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Frequency refers to the rate at which something happens or occurs.
- 2Commonness describes the state of being frequent or prevalent.
- 3Regularity refers to the quality or state of being regular, orderly, or predictable.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these words in your writing to make it more descriptive and engaging.
- 3Understand Context: Pay attention to the context in which these words are used to understand their meaning better.
The antonyms of infrequence describe how often something happens or occurs. Frequency refers to the rate at which something happens, commonness describes the state of being frequent or prevalent, and regularity refers to the quality or state of being regular, orderly, or predictable. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and understand context better.