Definitions and Examples of belittle, diminish, debase
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make someone or something seem unimportant or of little value.
She always tries to belittle his achievements, making him feel inferior.
To make something seem less important or valuable.
The scandal diminished his reputation as a politician.
To lower the quality or value of something.
The company's decision to use cheap materials debased the quality of their products.
Key Differences: belittle vs diminish vs debase
- 1Belittle implies making someone or something seem unimportant or of little value.
- 2Diminish implies making something seem less important or valuable.
- 3Debase implies lowering the quality or value of something.
Effective Usage of belittle, diminish, debase
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express the opposite meaning of ingrandize effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your writing skills.
The antonyms of ingrandize are belittle, diminish, and debase. Use these words to express the opposite meaning of ingrandize effectively, demonstrate understanding in conversations, and enrich your vocabulary and writing skills.