What is the antonym of “inharmonic”?
The antonyms of inharmonic are harmonic, consonant, and melodious. These words describe sounds that are pleasant to the ear and have a pleasing quality.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a pleasing sound or producing a musical tone by combining notes that are in harmony.
The orchestra's performance was harmonic and soothing to the ears.
Agreeing or in harmony with something; having a pleasing sound or quality.
The singer's voice was consonant with the melody, creating a beautiful song.
Having a pleasant tune or melody; producing a sweet and agreeable sound.
The bird's chirping was melodious and calming to the senses.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Harmonic refers to sounds that are produced by combining notes that are in harmony.
- 2Consonant describes sounds that are in agreement or harmony with something else.
- 3Melodious describes sounds that are pleasant to the ear and have a pleasing tune or melody.
Good things to know
- 1Music: Use these antonyms to describe different types of music or sounds.
- 2Poetry: Incorporate these antonyms in poetry to create vivid imagery and sensory experiences.
- 3Descriptive Writing: Utilize these antonyms in descriptive writing to create a vivid picture in the reader's mind.