What is the antonym of “inhospitality”?
The antonym of inhospitality is hospitality, friendliness, and welcomeness. The antonyms hospitality, friendliness, and welcomeness convey a positive and welcoming attitude towards others. It implies a willingness to receive and entertain guests or strangers.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.
The hotel staff showed great hospitality by providing complimentary drinks and snacks to their guests.
The quality of being kind, amiable, or affable towards others.
Her friendliness towards her new colleagues helped her to quickly integrate into the team.
The quality of being receptive, inviting, or hospitable to others.
The warm and inviting atmosphere of the restaurant created a sense of welcomeness for its customers.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hospitality refers to the act of receiving and entertaining guests or strangers.
- 2Friendliness describes a personal quality of being kind and affable towards others.
- 3Welcomeness describes the quality of being receptive and inviting to others.
Good things to know
- 1Travel and Tourism: Use hospitality to describe the quality of service provided by hotels, restaurants, and other tourist destinations.
- 2Social Interactions: Use friendliness and welcomeness to describe the attitude of people towards each other in social settings.
- 3Customer Service: Use hospitality and welcomeness to describe the quality of service provided by businesses to their customers.