What is the antonym of “insistence”?
The antonyms of insistence are acquiescence and compliance. The antonyms acquiescence and compliance convey a lack of resistance or opposition to a request or demand. It implies agreement or acceptance without protest.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of agreeing or accepting something without protest.
He nodded in acquiescence when his boss asked him to work overtime.
The act of obeying or conforming to a request or demand.
The company's compliance with safety regulations ensured that no accidents occurred.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Acquiescence is a passive acceptance of a request or demand without protest.
- 2Compliance is an active obedience or conformity to a request or demand.
Good things to know
- 1Negotiations: Use insistence to assert your position and acquiescence or compliance to show flexibility.
- 2Leadership: Incorporate these antonyms to describe different leadership styles and approaches.
- 3Conflict Resolution: Utilize these antonyms to describe different conflict resolution strategies.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Acquiescence denotes passive acceptance, while compliance implies active obedience. Use these words in negotiations, leadership, and conflict resolution to describe different styles and approaches.