What is the antonym of “insufficiently”?
The antonyms of insufficiently are sufficiently, adequately, and enough. These words convey the idea of having enough or meeting a certain standard.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To an adequate degree; enough to meet a particular need or purpose.
He studied sufficiently for the exam and got a good grade.
To a satisfactory or acceptable extent; sufficiently.
The company provided adequately for its employees' health insurance.
As much or as many as required; sufficient.
I have enough money to buy a new laptop.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sufficiently implies that something meets a particular need or purpose, while adequately suggests that something is satisfactory or acceptable.
- 2Enough is a relational antonym that means having as much or as many as required.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to express the degree of sufficiency or adequacy in research papers or essays.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in emails or reports to convey the level of satisfaction or fulfillment.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Utilize these antonyms to express the degree of satisfaction or fulfillment in daily conversations.
The antonyms sufficiently, adequately, and enough convey the idea of having enough or meeting a certain standard. Use these words in academic writing, business communication, or everyday conversation to express the degree of sufficiency or adequacy.