What is the antonym of “insurmountable”?
The antonym of insurmountable are surmountable, conquerable, and beatable. These words convey the opposite meaning of insurmountable, which means impossible to overcome or solve.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being overcome or solved.
Although the task seemed difficult, it was surmountable with some effort and determination.
Able to be defeated or overcome.
The enemy's defenses were strong but still conquerable with the right strategy and tactics.
Capable of being defeated or outperformed.
Although the opponent was tough, he was still beatable if we played our best.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Surmountable implies that a challenge can be overcome with effort and determination.
- 2Conquerable suggests that an obstacle can be defeated with the right strategy and tactics.
- 3Beatable indicates that an opponent or challenge can be defeated or outperformed.
Good things to know
- 1Problem Solving: Use these antonyms to describe challenges that can be overcome or solved.
- 2Goal Setting: Incorporate these words to describe achievable goals.
- 3Encouragement: Use these antonyms to motivate and encourage others to overcome obstacles.