What is the antonym of “intention”?
The antonyms of intention are accident and chance. The antonyms accident and chance convey a lack of purpose or planning. It implies that something happened without being intended or planned.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
An unexpected and unfortunate event that happens unintentionally, often resulting in damage or injury.
He had an accident on the way to work when his car collided with another vehicle.
A possibility of something happening or not happening; luck or fortune.
She took a chance and applied for the job even though she didn't meet all the requirements.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Accident refers to an unexpected and unfortunate event that happens unintentionally.
- 2Chance refers to the possibility of something happening or not happening.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Meaning: Use accident and chance to differentiate between intentional and unintentional actions.
- 2Express Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show understanding and sympathy.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing to add variety and depth to your language.
The antonyms have distinct meanings: Accident refers to an unexpected and unfortunate event, while chance refers to the possibility of something happening. Use these words to clarify meaning, express empathy, and enrich vocabulary.