What is the antonym of “intermit”?
The antonyms of intermit are continue, persist, and proceed. These words convey the opposite meaning of intermit, which means to stop or pause for a period of time.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep going without interruption or cessation.
She decided to continue her studies despite facing many challenges.
To continue firmly in an opinion or course of action despite opposition or difficulty.
He persisted in his efforts to find a job, even though he faced many rejections.
To move forward or carry on with a plan or action.
After completing the necessary paperwork, they were able to proceed with their travel plans.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Continue implies that something is ongoing and uninterrupted.
- 2Persist suggests that someone is determined to continue despite obstacles.
- 3Proceed indicates that someone is moving forward with a plan or action.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and clarity to your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your language skills.
- 3Enrich Conversation: Incorporate these antonyms in your conversations to express yourself more effectively.
The antonyms of intermit are continue, persist, and proceed. These words have distinct meanings and can be used to enhance writing, improve vocabulary, and enrich conversations by expressing oneself more effectively.