What is the antonym of “interrelated”?
The antonym of interrelated are unrelated, disconnected, and independent. These words describe a lack of connection or dependence between things.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having no connection or association with something else.
The two events were completely unrelated and had no impact on each other.
Not connected or related; lacking coherence or continuity.
The story was so poorly written that it felt disconnected and hard to follow.
Not influenced or controlled by others; self-governing.
She was an independent woman who didn't rely on anyone else to make her own decisions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unrelated describes things that have no connection or association with each other.
- 2Disconnected implies a lack of coherence or continuity between things.
- 3Independent refers to things that are self-governing and not influenced by others.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use these antonyms to describe the relationship between different ideas or concepts in your writing.
- 2Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms into your conversations to express the lack of connection or dependence between things.
- 3Reading: Look for these antonyms in texts to understand the relationship between different ideas or concepts.
The antonyms unrelated, disconnected, and independent describe a lack of connection or dependence between things. Use them in writing, speaking, and reading to express the relationship between different ideas or concepts.