What is the antonym of “invaluable”?
The antonym of invaluable is worthless, useless, and valueless. The antonyms worthless, useless, and valueless convey a lack of value or importance. It implies that something has no worth or usefulness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having no value or use; not worth anything.
The old car was so damaged that it was considered worthless.
Not fulfilling or serving any purpose; ineffective or impractical.
The broken phone was useless and couldn't be repaired.
Having no worth or significance; meaningless or unimportant.
The painting was considered valueless because it was a copy of the original.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Worthless describes something that has no monetary or material value.
- 2Useless describes something that has no practical or functional value.
- 3Valueless describes something that has no inherent worth or importance.
Good things to know
- 1Express Displeasure: Use these antonyms to express dissatisfaction or disappointment.
- 2Negotiate: Use worthless to describe an item that has no value in a transaction.
- 3Describe Objects: Use these antonyms to describe objects that have no value or use.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Worthless describes something with no monetary or material value, useless describes something with no practical or functional value, and valueless describes something with no inherent worth or importance. Use these words to express displeasure, negotiate, or describe objects that have no value or use.