What is the antonym of “irremediless”?
The antonyms of irremediless are curable, fixable, and redeemable. The antonyms curable, fixable, and redeemable convey a positive or hopeful state. It implies that a problem can be solved, corrected, or improved.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to be healed or treated.
The doctor assured him that his illness was curable with the right medication.
Able to be repaired or resolved.
The mechanic said that the car's engine problem was fixable and would not cost much.
Able to be saved or restored.
The company's reputation was damaged, but it was redeemable with a sincere apology and corrective actions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Curable is used for physical or medical conditions that can be treated or healed.
- 2Fixable is used for problems or issues that can be resolved or repaired.
- 3Redeemable is used for situations or circumstances that can be saved or restored.
Good things to know
- 1Medical Context: Use curable to describe treatable illnesses or conditions.
- 2Technical Context: Use fixable to describe repairable problems or issues.
- 3General Context: Use redeemable to describe situations or circumstances that can be saved or restored.