What is the antonym of “jumbo”?
The antonyms of jumbo are tiny, small, and minute. These words describe the opposite of large or big, and convey a sense of smallness or insignificance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Very small in size or amount.
The newborn kitten was so tiny that it could fit in the palm of my hand.
Not large in size or amount; little.
The restaurant had a small menu, but everything on it was delicious.
Extremely small; insignificant.
The difference between the two products was minute, but it made all the difference to the customer.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Tiny is the smallest of the three antonyms and describes something very small in size.
- 2Small is a more general term that describes something not large in size or amount.
- 3Minute is the most specific term and refers to something extremely small or insignificant.
Good things to know
- 1Size Comparison: Use these antonyms to compare the size of objects or animals.
- 2Quantity Comparison: Use these antonyms to compare the amount of something.
- 3Express Displeasure: Use these antonyms to express dissatisfaction with something that is too small or insignificant.