What is the antonym of “kindhearted”?
The antonyms of kindhearted are unkind, cruel, and selfish. These words describe people who lack kindness or compassion towards others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not friendly, considerate, or sympathetic towards others.
It was unkind of him to make fun of her in front of everyone.
Willing to cause pain or suffering to others without remorse or pity.
The dictator's cruel regime oppressed its citizens and violated their human rights.
Lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.
Her selfish behavior caused a lot of problems for her family and friends.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unkind refers to someone who is not friendly or considerate towards others.
- 2Cruel describes someone who is willing to cause pain or suffering to others without remorse or pity.
- 3Selfish refers to someone who lacks consideration for others and is mainly concerned with their own interests.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Describe People: Use these words to describe people who lack kindness or compassion.
- 3Discuss Ethics: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about ethical behavior and moral values.
The antonyms of kindhearted are unkind, cruel, and selfish. These words describe people who lack kindness or compassion towards others. Use these words to improve your vocabulary, describe people, and discuss ethical behavior and moral values.