What is the antonym of “kinless”?
The word kinless means without family or relatives. The antonyms of kinless are related, familial, and connected. These words convey the opposite meaning of kinless by indicating a sense of belonging or connection to family or relatives.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a connection or association with someone or something else, often through family ties.
She is related to the famous author through her mother's side of the family.
Relating to or characteristic of a family; having a strong sense of loyalty or attachment to one's family.
He has a familial obligation to take care of his elderly parents.
Joined or linked together; having a relationship or association with someone or something else.
The two families are connected through marriage.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Related implies a blood or legal connection between people.
- 2Familial emphasizes the importance of family relationships and the sense of loyalty or attachment to one's family.
- 3Connected can refer to any type of relationship or association, not just familial ones.
Good things to know
- 1Family Relationships: Use related, familial, and connected to describe family connections and relationships.
- 2Social Connections: Use connected to describe social relationships and associations.
- 3Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create more descriptive and nuanced characters and situations.
The antonyms of kinless are related, familial, and connected. Related implies a blood or legal connection, familial emphasizes the importance of family relationships, and connected can refer to any type of relationship. Use these words to describe family and social connections, and to add nuance to writing.