What is the antonym of “lability”?
The antonyms of lability are stability and constancy. The antonyms stability and constancy convey a sense of steadiness, consistency, and predictability. They imply a lack of change or variability.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being firmly established; not easily moved, shaken, or changed.
The foundation of the building was so strong that it provided stability during the earthquake.
The quality or state of being unchanging or consistent over time.
Her constancy in attending every meeting impressed her colleagues.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Stability refers to the ability to remain unchanged or unshaken despite external forces.
- 2Constancy refers to the quality of being consistent and unchanging over time.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms to describe the properties of chemical compounds and physical systems.
- 2Relationships: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the qualities of a stable and long-lasting relationship.
- 3Business: Utilize these antonyms to describe the financial stability and consistency of a company.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Stability conveys the ability to remain unchanged, while constancy refers to the quality of being consistent over time. Use these words to describe the properties of chemical compounds, physical systems, relationships, and businesses.