Definitions and Examples of diligently, energetically, enthusiastically
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
With steady, earnest, and persistent effort.
She worked diligently on her project, putting in long hours every day.
With great vigor, force, or intensity.
The team started the game energetically, scoring two goals in the first ten minutes.
With intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval.
The audience cheered enthusiastically as the band played their hit song.
Key Differences: diligently vs energetically vs enthusiastically
- 1Diligently implies steady and persistent effort towards a goal.
- 2Energetically suggests a high level of physical or mental activity.
- 3Enthusiastically conveys a strong feeling of enjoyment, interest, or approval.
Effective Usage of diligently, energetically, enthusiastically
- 1Work Ethic: Use diligently to describe someone who works hard and persistently.
- 2Physical Activity: Use energetically to describe someone who is active and full of energy.
- 3Positive Feedback: Use enthusiastically to describe someone who shows strong approval or enjoyment.
The antonyms of lackadaisically are diligently, energetically, and enthusiastically. Use these words to describe someone's work ethic, physical activity, or positive feedback. Each antonym has a distinct nuance, with diligently suggesting persistent effort, energetically suggesting high activity, and enthusiastically suggesting strong approval or enjoyment.