Definitions and Examples of unladylike, rough, coarse
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not behaving or dressing in a way considered appropriate for a woman; lacking feminine qualities.
She was scolded by her mother for her unladylike behavior at the dinner party.
Having an uneven or irregular surface; not smooth or polished.
The rough texture of the sandpaper made it perfect for smoothing out the wooden surface.
Lacking refinement or delicacy; rough or crude in texture or taste.
The coarse fabric of the burlap sack felt rough against her skin.
Key Differences: unladylike vs rough vs coarse
- 1Unladylike describes behavior or dress that is not considered appropriate for a woman.
- 2Rough describes a surface that is uneven or irregular.
- 3Coarse describes something that is lacking refinement or delicacy.
Effective Usage of unladylike, rough, coarse
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Cultural Awareness: Understand the cultural expectations and stereotypes associated with gender roles.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey character traits.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unladylike describes inappropriate behavior or dress, rough describes an uneven surface, and coarse describes a lack of refinement. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, understand cultural expectations, and improve your writing skills.