What is the antonym of “lambs”?
The antonyms of lambs are wolf, predator, and cynic. These words convey a completely opposite meaning to the innocence and vulnerability associated with lambs.
See all the antonyms of “lambs”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A carnivorous mammal that is known for its ferocity and predatory behavior.
The wolf howled in the distance, sending shivers down their spines.
An animal that preys on other animals for food.
The lion is a predator that hunts zebras and gazelles for food.
A person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honorable or unselfish reasons.
He was a cynic who thought that everyone was out to get him.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Wolf and predator are similar in that they both refer to animals that hunt and kill other animals, but wolf is more specific to a particular species of animal.
- 2Cynic is different from wolf and predator as it refers to a person who has a negative view of human nature and motives.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and contrast.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to understand the context and meaning better.
The antonyms of lambs are wolf, predator, and cynic. These words convey a completely opposite meaning to the innocence and vulnerability associated with lambs. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading experience.