The Opposite(Antonym) of “launch”
The antonyms of launch are conclude, end, and terminate. The antonyms conclude, end, and terminate convey the idea of bringing something to a close or stopping it.
Explore all Antonyms of “launch”
Definitions and Examples of conclude, end, terminate
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To bring something to an end; to finish or complete something.
The meeting will conclude with a summary of the key points.
To stop doing something; to bring something to a close.
The concert will end at 10 pm.
To bring something to an end in a formal or official way.
The contract will terminate at the end of the year.
Key Differences: conclude vs end vs terminate
- 1Conclude implies finishing or completing something, often with a summary or final statement.
- 2End is a general term that describes stopping or finishing something.
- 3Terminate is a more formal term that implies ending something in an official or legal way.
Effective Usage of conclude, end, terminate
- 1Enhance Communication: Use conclude, end, and terminate to indicate the end of an event, project, or activity.
- 2Business Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in emails, reports, and proposals to convey a professional tone.
- 3Academic Writing: Utilize these antonyms in essays, research papers, and dissertations to signal the end of a discussion or argument.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Conclude implies finishing or completing something, end is a general term that describes stopping or finishing something, and terminate is a more formal term that implies ending something in an official or legal way. Use these words to enhance communication, convey a professional tone in business writing, and signal the end of a discussion in academic writing.