What is the antonym of “lealness”?
The antonyms of lealness are disloyalty and treachery. These words describe the opposite of loyalty and faithfulness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of being unfaithful or not loyal to someone or something.
He was accused of disloyalty for leaking confidential information to the press.
The act of betraying someone's trust or confidence; an act of disloyalty.
The king's advisor was executed for his treachery in plotting against the crown.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disloyalty refers to the act of being unfaithful or not loyal to someone or something.
- 2Treachery refers to the act of betraying someone's trust or confidence.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the opposite of loyalty in personal relationships.
- 2Politics: Use these antonyms to describe political scandals or betrayals.
- 3Fiction: Use these antonyms to create characters with conflicting loyalties or to add tension to a plot.
The antonyms of lealness are disloyalty and treachery. Use disloyalty to describe the act of being unfaithful, and treachery to describe the act of betraying someone's trust. These words can be used to describe personal relationships, political scandals, or in fiction to create tension and conflict.