What is the antonym of “levelheaded”?
The antonyms of levelheaded are irrational, unreasonable, and emotional. These antonyms describe a lack of calmness, rationality, and clear thinking.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not based on reason or logic; illogical.
It's irrational to be afraid of spiders because they are not dangerous.
Not fair or sensible; beyond what is appropriate or acceptable.
Asking for a raise after only one month of work is unreasonable.
Relating to or characterized by intense feelings or emotions.
She gave an emotional speech at her sister's wedding, causing everyone to tear up.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Irrational describes a lack of logical thinking.
- 2Unreasonable describes something that is not fair or sensible.
- 3Emotional describes someone who is easily affected by their feelings.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use these antonyms to express different levels of rationality and emotional control.
- 2Enhance Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create more nuanced characters and situations.
- 3Expand Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to improve your vocabulary and understanding of English.
The antonyms of levelheaded describe a lack of calmness, rationality, and clear thinking. Irrational refers to a lack of logical thinking, unreasonable describes something that is not fair or sensible, and emotional describes someone who is easily affected by their feelings. Use these antonyms to improve communication, enhance writing, and expand your vocabulary.