What is the antonym of “levelheadedness”?
The antonyms of levelheadedness are irrationality and hysteria. The antonyms irrationality and hysteria convey a lack of calmness, rationality, and self-control.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being illogical, unreasonable, or lacking in sound judgment.
His decision to quit his job without any backup plan was an act of irrationality.
Exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, often leading to irrational behavior.
The news of the pandemic caused widespread hysteria and panic-buying of essential goods.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Irrationality refers to a lack of logical reasoning or sound judgment.
- 2Hysteria refers to exaggerated or uncontrollable emotions that lead to irrational behavior.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to describe emotional states and behaviors effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding of others' emotional states.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid characters and compelling stories.