What is the antonym of “linked”?
The antonyms of linked are unrelated, disconnected, and unassociated. The antonyms describe a lack of connection or association between things or people.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having no connection or association with something else.
The two events were completely unrelated and had nothing to do with each other.
Not connected or related; lacking coherence or continuity.
The speaker's arguments were disconnected and failed to convince the audience.
Not connected or joined with something else; having no association or relationship.
The new project was unassociated with the previous one and required a different set of skills.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unrelated emphasizes the absence of any connection or association between things.
- 2Disconnected implies a lack of coherence or continuity, often used to describe ideas or arguments.
- 3Unassociated suggests a lack of relationship or connection between things or people.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Meaning: Use unrelated, disconnected, and unassociated to explain the lack of connection between things or people.
- 2Avoid Confusion: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to avoid misunderstandings.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create clear and concise sentences.
The antonyms of linked convey a lack of connection or association between things or people. Unrelated emphasizes the absence of any connection, disconnected implies a lack of coherence or continuity, and unassociated suggests a lack of relationship or connection. Use these words to clarify meaning, avoid confusion, and enrich writing by creating clear and concise sentences.