What is the antonym of “lion”?
The antonyms of lion are coward and weakling. The antonyms coward and weakling describe someone who lacks courage, strength, or power.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, or pain.
He was called a coward for not standing up to the bully.
A person who lacks physical or mental strength or toughness.
He was considered a weakling because he couldn't lift heavy weights.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Coward refers to a lack of courage in facing danger, while weakling refers to a lack of physical or mental strength.
- 2Coward is a noun, while weakling can be used as both a noun and an adjective.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Building: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Character Development: Use these antonyms to create characters with contrasting personalities in stories.
- 3Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express opinions about people or situations.
The antonyms of lion are coward and weakling. Coward describes someone who lacks courage, while weakling describes someone who lacks physical or mental strength. Use these antonyms to build vocabulary, develop characters, and express opinions.