Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lasting for only a short time; not lengthy.
The meeting was brief and to the point.
Not lasting for a long time; brief.
The movie was short and sweet.
Lasting for only a limited period; not permanent.
He took on a temporary job while he looked for something more permanent.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Brief refers to something that is short in duration, but it can still be long enough to accomplish a task or convey a message.
- 2Short describes something that is not long in duration, but it may not necessarily be long enough to accomplish a task or convey a message.
- 3Temporary refers to something that is not permanent and will eventually come to an end.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and clarity.
- 3Enrich Conversations: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to express ideas more effectively.
The antonyms of livelong describe something that is not long-lasting or enduring. Brief refers to something that is short in duration, short describes something that is not long in duration, and temporary refers to something that is not permanent. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your conversations.