What is the antonym of “loathy”?
The antonyms of loathy are appealing, attractive, and delightful. These words convey a positive or pleasing emotional state. They imply a sense of liking, admiration, or enjoyment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Attractive or interesting; able to arouse curiosity or sympathy.
The idea of traveling to a new country was appealing to her.
Pleasing or appealing to the senses; having qualities that arouse interest or desire.
She found him attractive because of his charming personality and good looks.
Causing pleasure or enjoyment; highly pleasing.
The garden was filled with delightful flowers and fragrances.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Appealing is used to describe something that arouses curiosity or sympathy.
- 2Attractive is used to describe something that arouses interest or desire.
- 3Delightful is used to describe something that causes pleasure or enjoyment.
Good things to know
- 1Express Liking: Use appealing, attractive, and delightful to express your liking for something or someone.
- 2Describe Objects: Incorporate these antonyms in descriptions to make them more vivid and engaging.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms of loathy convey a positive or pleasing emotional state. Use appealing, attractive, and delightful to express liking, describe objects, and enrich your vocabulary. Each antonym has a distinct nuance: Appealing arouses curiosity or sympathy, attractive arouses interest or desire, and delightful causes pleasure or enjoyment.