Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not long in duration, distance, or extent.
She wore a short dress to the party.
Lasting only for a short time; concise and to the point.
He gave a brief summary of the report.
Moving fast or taking only a short time.
She made a quick decision to accept the job offer.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Short refers to something that is not long in distance or extent.
- 2Brief refers to something that is concise and to the point, lasting only for a short time.
- 3Quick refers to something that is done in a short amount of time or moving fast.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Descriptions: Use these antonyms to describe the length of time or distance.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to add variety and clarity.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.