What is the antonym of “longspun”?
The antonyms of longspun are concise, succinct, and terse. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of longspun, which means lengthy and verbose.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing much in few words; clear and succinct.
The author's concise writing style made the book easy to read and understand.
Briefly and clearly expressed.
The CEO's succinct speech outlined the company's goals for the upcoming year.
Using very few words; abrupt or brusque.
His terse response to her question made it clear that he didn't want to talk about it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Concise implies expressing much in few words, while still being clear and understandable.
- 2Succinct suggests being brief and to the point, without unnecessary details.
- 3Terse conveys a sense of abruptness or brusqueness, often with a negative connotation.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use these antonyms to improve your writing by making it more clear and concise.
- 2Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in your conversations to communicate more effectively and avoid rambling.
- 3Academic Writing: Use these antonyms in academic writing to demonstrate your ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly.