What is the antonym of “lorn”?
The antonym of lorn is accompanied, content, and fulfilled. The antonyms accompanied, content, and fulfilled convey a positive or satisfied emotional state. It implies a sense of companionship, satisfaction, or achievement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having someone or something with you; not alone.
She felt much better when she was accompanied by her friends during the trip.
Feeling happy and satisfied with what you have; not wanting more.
He was content with his job and didn't feel the need to look for another one.
Feeling satisfied and happy because you have achieved something.
After years of hard work, he finally felt fulfilled when he received his diploma.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Accompanied refers to having someone or something with you, while lorn means being alone or abandoned.
- 2Content describes a feeling of satisfaction with what you have, while lorn conveys a sense of loss or emptiness.
- 3Fulfilled denotes a sense of satisfaction and happiness from achieving something, while lorn implies a lack of fulfillment or purpose.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use accompanied, content, and fulfilled to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Boost Morale: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to boost morale and create a positive atmosphere.
- 3Set Goals: Utilize these antonyms to set goals and strive for a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Accompanied conveys companionship, content denotes satisfaction, and fulfilled refers to a sense of achievement. Use these words to express gratitude, boost morale, and set goals to strive for a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction.