What is the antonym of “lounge”?
The antonyms of lounge are work, labor, and struggle. The antonyms work, labor, and struggle convey a sense of effort, exertion, and hard work. It implies a lack of relaxation, leisure, or comfort.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To engage in physical or mental effort to achieve a purpose or result.
He had to work overtime to meet the project deadline.
Physical or mental exertion that is often difficult or strenuous.
The construction workers put in a lot of labor to build the skyscraper.
To make forceful efforts to overcome a difficulty or challenge.
She had to struggle with her fear of heights to climb the mountain.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Work is a general term that describes any kind of effort or activity that requires physical or mental exertion.
- 2Labor is a more specific term that refers to physical or mental exertion that is often difficult or strenuous.
- 3Struggle is a term that describes a forceful effort to overcome a difficulty or challenge.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use work, labor, and struggle to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Discuss Career Goals: Incorporate antonyms in conversations about career aspirations to describe the level of effort required.
- 3Encourage Productivity: Use these antonyms to motivate yourself or others to work harder and achieve goals.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Work conveys general effort, labor denotes difficult or strenuous exertion, and struggle refers to forceful efforts to overcome challenges. Use these words to enhance vocabulary, discuss career goals, and encourage productivity by motivating yourself or others to work harder and achieve goals.