What is the antonym of “lowest”?
The antonyms of lowest are highest, topmost, and superior. These words convey a sense of position, level, or quality that is opposite to lowest.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Being at the topmost level or position; farthest from the ground or base.
The Burj Khalifa is the highest building in the world.
Located at the highest point or position; uppermost.
The eagle perched on the topmost branch of the tree.
Higher in rank, status, or quality; better or more excellent than others.
The company's superior products have gained a reputation for excellence.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Highest refers to the position that is farthest from the ground or base.
- 2Topmost refers to the highest point or position.
- 3Superior refers to a higher rank, status, or quality.
Good things to know
- 1Comparing Heights: Use lowest and highest to compare the heights of buildings, mountains, or other structures.
- 2Describing Locations: Use topmost to describe the highest point or position of an object or place.
- 3Comparing Quality: Use superior to compare the quality of products, services, or performance.
The antonyms of lowest are highest, topmost, and superior. These words convey different meanings related to position, level, or quality. Use them to compare heights, describe locations, or compare quality.