What is the antonym of “lumpish”?
The antonyms of lumpish are graceful, nimble, and agile. The antonyms graceful, nimble, and agile convey a positive and skillful physical state. It implies a sense of elegance, dexterity, and ease.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing grace or elegance in movement, form, or proportion.
The ballerina's graceful movements on stage left the audience in awe.
Quick and light in movement or action; agile.
The gymnast's nimble performance on the balance beam was impressive.
Able to move quickly and easily; nimble.
The athlete's agile footwork helped him score the winning goal.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Graceful describes a smooth and elegant movement or form.
- 2Nimble emphasizes quickness and lightness in movement or action.
- 3Agile emphasizes the ability to move quickly and easily.
Good things to know
- 1Physical Activities: Use graceful, nimble, and agile to describe physical skills and abilities.
- 2Sports: Incorporate these antonyms in sports commentary to describe athletes' performances.
- 3Dance: Utilize these antonyms in dance critiques to describe dancers' movements and forms.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Graceful conveys elegance, nimble emphasizes quickness, and agile emphasizes ease of movement. Use these words to describe physical skills and abilities, sports performances, and dance movements and forms.