What is the antonym of “majoritarian”?
The antonym of majoritarian is minoritarian and egalitarian. The antonyms minoritarian and egalitarian convey a different approach to decision-making and power distribution.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to or advocating for the rights and interests of a minority group.
The party's minoritarian policies aimed to protect the rights of marginalized communities.
Believing in or promoting equal rights and opportunities for all people.
The organization's egalitarian values were reflected in its diverse and inclusive hiring practices.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Minoritarian refers to advocating for the rights and interests of a minority group, while majoritarian refers to a decision-making process that favors the majority.
- 2Egalitarian refers to promoting equal rights and opportunities for all people, regardless of their status or identity.
Good things to know
- 1Politics: Use majoritarian and minoritarian to describe different approaches to decision-making and power distribution.
- 2Social Justice: Use minoritarian to advocate for the rights of marginalized communities and egalitarian to promote equality and inclusivity.
- 3Education: Use egalitarian to describe a teaching approach that values diversity and promotes equal opportunities for all students.
The antonyms have distinct meanings: Minoritarian advocates for minority rights, majoritarian favors the majority, and egalitarian promotes equal rights and opportunities for all. Use these words to describe different approaches to decision-making and power distribution, advocate for social justice, and promote equality and inclusivity.