What is the antonym of “maladaptive”?
The antonym of maladaptive is adaptive, functional, and suitable. The antonyms adaptive, functional, and suitable convey a positive or beneficial quality. It implies the ability to adjust, perform well, or fit in a particular environment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to adjust or change according to new circumstances or situations.
The company's adaptive approach to market changes helped them stay ahead of the competition.
Working or operating correctly; serving its intended purpose.
The new software update made the app more functional and user-friendly.
Appropriate or fitting for a particular person, purpose, or situation.
The job candidate's skills and experience made him a suitable fit for the position.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Adaptive describes the ability to adjust or change according to new circumstances or situations.
- 2Functional describes something that works or operates correctly and serves its intended purpose.
- 3Suitable describes something that is appropriate or fitting for a particular person, purpose, or situation.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe research findings, theories, or concepts.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in business emails, reports, or presentations to convey ideas effectively.
- 3Daily Conversation: Utilize these antonyms to express opinions, preferences, or recommendations.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Adaptive describes the ability to adjust, functional refers to something that works correctly, and suitable means appropriate for a particular situation. Use these words in academic writing, professional communication, and daily conversation to convey ideas effectively.