What is the antonym of “manliness”?
The antonyms of manliness are femininity and weakness. The antonym femininity refers to qualities or attributes that are traditionally associated with women, while weakness implies a lack of strength or power.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Qualities or attributes that are traditionally associated with women, such as gracefulness, sensitivity, and nurturing.
She embraced her femininity by wearing a flowy dress and putting on some makeup.
The state or condition of lacking physical or mental strength; the opposite of strength or power.
His illness left him with a feeling of weakness and fatigue.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Femininity is a complementary antonym that refers to qualities or attributes that are traditionally associated with women.
- 2Weakness is a gradable antonym that implies a lack of strength or power.
Good things to know
- 1Gender Studies: Use these antonyms to discuss gender roles and stereotypes.
- 2Self-Reflection: Reflect on your own beliefs and attitudes towards masculinity and femininity.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in creative writing to develop characters and explore themes related to gender and power.
The antonyms of manliness have distinct meanings: femininity refers to qualities associated with women, while weakness implies a lack of strength or power. These antonyms can be used in discussions of gender roles and stereotypes, self-reflection, and creative writing.