What is the antonym of “masterfully”?
The antonyms of masterfully are clumsily, ineptly, and unskillfully. These antonyms describe a lack of skill or proficiency in performing a task or activity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Awkwardly or unskillfully; lacking coordination or dexterity.
He clumsily spilled the coffee all over the table.
Without skill or competence; showing a lack of ability or aptitude.
She ineptly tried to fix the broken vase, making it worse.
Without skill or expertise; lacking proficiency or knowledge.
He unskillfully attempted to play the guitar, producing discordant sounds.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clumsily implies a lack of coordination or dexterity.
- 2Ineptly suggests a lack of ability or aptitude.
- 3Unskillfully denotes a lack of proficiency or knowledge.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Writing: Use these antonyms to describe characters' actions or behaviors in stories.
- 2Enhance Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in daily conversations to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Provide Feedback: Use these antonyms to provide constructive criticism on someone's performance.
The antonyms of masterfully describe a lack of skill or proficiency. Clumsily implies a lack of coordination, ineptly suggests a lack of ability, and unskillfully denotes a lack of proficiency. Use these antonyms to improve writing, enhance vocabulary, and provide feedback.