What is the antonym of “materialise”?
The antonyms of materialise are disappear, vanish, and evaporate. These words describe the opposite of materialise, which means to become actual or real.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To cease to be visible or present.
The magician made the rabbit disappear from the hat.
To disappear suddenly and completely.
The thief vanished into thin air before the police arrived.
To turn into vapor or steam; to disappear gradually.
The water in the pond began to evaporate under the hot sun.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disappear is a general term that describes something becoming invisible or no longer present.
- 2Vanish is a more specific term that implies sudden and complete disappearance.
- 3Evaporate describes a gradual disappearance, usually by turning into vapor or steam.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and engaging narratives.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to improve your reading comprehension and language skills.
The antonyms of materialise are disappear, vanish, and evaporate. These words describe the opposite of materialise, which means to become actual or real. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading experience.