The Opposite(Antonym) of “materialistic”
The antonyms of materialistic are spiritual and philanthropic. The antonyms spiritual and philanthropic convey a positive and selfless attitude towards life. It implies a focus on spiritual or charitable values rather than material possessions.
Explore all Antonyms of “materialistic”
Definitions and Examples of spiritual, philanthropic
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
She found solace in spiritual practices such as meditation and prayer.
Showing a desire to promote the welfare of others, especially by donating money to good causes.
The billionaire's philanthropic efforts have helped millions of people around the world.
Key Differences: spiritual vs philanthropic
- 1Spiritual refers to a focus on the human spirit or soul, while philanthropic refers to a focus on promoting the welfare of others.
- 2Spiritual is a relational antonym that describes a different aspect of life, while philanthropic is a complementary antonym that describes a different attitude towards life.
Effective Usage of spiritual, philanthropic
- 1Express Values: Use spiritual and philanthropic to express your values and beliefs.
- 2Inspire Others: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to inspire others to focus on spiritual or charitable values.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create characters with distinct attitudes towards life.
The antonyms of materialistic are spiritual and philanthropic. Use spiritual to describe a focus on the human spirit or soul, and philanthropic to describe a focus on promoting the welfare of others. These antonyms can be used to express values, inspire others, and enrich writing by creating characters with distinct attitudes towards life.