What is the antonym of “meld”?
The antonyms of meld are separate, divide, and disperse. The antonyms convey the opposite meaning of meld, which is to bring together or combine.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To divide into distinct parts or components.
She decided to separate her clothes by color before washing them.
To split or separate something into two or more parts.
The teacher asked the students to divide into groups of four for the group project.
To scatter or spread widely over an area.
The protesters were ordered to disperse by the police.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separate implies a complete division into distinct parts or components.
- 2Divide suggests splitting something into two or more parts.
- 3Disperse means to scatter or spread widely over an area.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create contrast and variety.
- 3Enrich Reading: Recognize these antonyms in texts to deepen your understanding of the meaning and context.