What is the antonym of “merged”?
The antonyms of merged are separated, divided, and disconnected. These words convey the opposite meaning of merging, which is to combine or unite things.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Divided into parts or pieces; not connected or united.
The separated twins were reunited after many years.
Separated into parts or groups; not united or whole.
The country was divided into two opposing factions.
Not connected or related; lacking coherence or continuity.
The speaker's arguments were disconnected and hard to follow.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separated implies a physical distance or space between two or more things.
- 2Divided suggests a split or separation into distinct parts or groups.
- 3Disconnected conveys a lack of coherence or continuity, often in a figurative sense.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to create contrast and variety in your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Incorporate these words into your vocabulary to express different shades of meaning.
- 3Enrich Conversations: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to clarify meaning and avoid misunderstandings.
The antonyms of merged are separated, divided, and disconnected. Use these words to create contrast and variety in your writing, express different shades of meaning, and clarify meaning in conversations.