What is the antonym of “merveileux”?
The antonyms of merveileux are terrible, awful, and dreadful. These words convey a negative or unpleasant meaning, which is the opposite of merveileux that means wonderful or marvelous.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Extremely bad or unpleasant; causing fear or terror.
The weather was terrible yesterday, with heavy rain and strong winds.
Extremely unpleasant or disagreeable; causing feelings of disgust or horror.
The food at that restaurant was awful, I couldn't even finish my meal.
Causing great suffering, fear, or unhappiness; extremely bad or unpleasant.
The traffic on the way to work was dreadful, it took me twice as long to get there.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Terrible implies something that is very bad or unpleasant, often causing fear or terror.
- 2Awful describes something that is extremely unpleasant or disagreeable, causing feelings of disgust or horror.
- 3Dreadful refers to something that is causing great suffering, fear, or unhappiness.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Express Displeasure: Incorporate these words in conversations to express your dislike or dissatisfaction with something.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey emotions effectively.
The antonyms of merveileux are terrible, awful, and dreadful. These words convey negative or unpleasant meanings, which are the opposite of merveileux that means wonderful or marvelous. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, express displeasure, and enrich your writing by creating vivid descriptions and conveying emotions effectively.